Thursday, November 12, 2009

vintage

O.k., so Sunday I'm going to a vintage couture auction. Went to the preview today. One word, amazing. Such amazing pieces. I'd like your option on some of the items I'm thinking on bidding on. 
One, Lord and Taylor equestrian suit from early 1900's. excellent condition. although the picture doesn't show them, the jodhpurs are awesome and the button on the sides. 
two,  victorian inspired dress from 1960's. By Phillipe Venet, its chiffon with velvet panels.

three, the dream dress. from the 1960's. absolutely amazing in person and so fucking sexy.
  i looove this dress. 
four, the other beauty.  a christian dior from 1974. silk chiffon and my perfect dress. 
five, the goofy outfit. probably jen's favorite. a versace betty boop suit from the 1990's. pretty hilarious.
 
finally, snake rings. just like them.
 

so what do you think??? It's alot, but I want it all. Isn' t that the theme of this blog? ha, well I'll have to see how things sell on Sunday. Maybe I can get some awesome deals. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. THE EQUESTRIAN OUTFIT! THE EQUESTRIAN OUTFIT! and that green dior dress is wonderful! but of course i love it all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah!!! this stuff all rules, of course i do love the betty boop suit, but mainly because of how silly it looks in the pic with the tiny pants and big jacket.
    but other than that, i'm rooting for the awesome cutout sexy dress. when you wear it, i will live my sexy dreams vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phillipe Venet dress is awesome. I love the Dior, but the Venet one seems... more 'one of a kind'. Elvira's wedding dress - but for the reception. Love those snake rings, too.

    Where is this auction? What's the deal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. its in the west loop in chicago. leslie hindman, shes known for her couture auctions every fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Dior dress is flawless! I'm also really into the snake rings, they're great. It's all great. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete