Thursday, November 12, 2009

kid stuff

Hi friends. Here are some things I collected over the past few days and haven't stopped thinking about. Mary, I think you will particularly like the first one.


from the Post Gazette.

Simon (age 4) made this at school. I questioned him on the process, and he told me they blow bubbles in a bowl, put food dye on top, then press the paper. I have tried every combination possible and have yet to get anything like it. I'm kind of obsessed with this, thinking of it at the inside of stationary envelopes or as wrapping paper and such. OH, you could make it a fabric textile, even. I tried to steal Simon's 'painting' when I found it in the recycling at his house (fair game, right?) but the kids saw it in my purse and busted me.

HOW. I must know. I haven't researched yet, but there's no way that could be food dye. It's kind of thick on the paper. There's so much going on, I love it.

Definitely click on both images to enlarge.



I know, Grov. I know.

2 comments:

  1. Those bubbles are beautiful! It looks like a mosaic or something. I hope you figure out the secret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try melting crayons in a pot of hot water and then slowly lowering the paper ontop, almost sliding it across the top of the water. it creates a similar marbled affect. but plpease dont use the pots you cook in.

    ReplyDelete